Kaban ni D_BystandeR: HALANDUMONG PANAHON SA KABATAN-ON, MANUROK UG TAM-IS NGA PAHIYOM



Good for you, Atty. JBJ, because you will have all the chances available to you to attend your 50th year anniversary graduation in high school of Southwestern University in Cebu City. For me, my 50th anniversary of my graduation in high school was held last 2011 because I graduated my high school in St. Vincent's High School in Bonifacio, Misamis Occidental in 1961. But I could not attend it, much as I would like to, because I am now living here in the States, and I could only wish I was there to see them and shake hands with my equally ageing classmates. But no matter what, it is the beauty of still having the ability to show our presence to renew our friendship with our high school classmates who are still alive and kicking, but only some of them are already under the careful eyes of their personal physicians who prescribed them lengthy medications to maintain their health, and some of your classmates, for sure, have already been called for by our Creator under different circumstances unknown to us. Here's my nice wish for you to have a pleasant get together tomorrow with your high school classmates 50 years ago and may you still have the ability to drink some more bottles of beer to heartily mark the occasion with joy and gleeful thanks that you are still lucky to see each other again!

Footnote: This comment is in connection with an article written by Atty. Josephus B. Jimenez for The FREEMAN, entitled, "Class reunion, fifty years from high school." It came out on January 17, 2016. True to his being a good and creative writer, he even suggested that he will approach those ladies during his high school days, even with the presence of their husbands, to tell them that they were able  to become the first group of girls that made his heart palpitated for what can be  called as "puppy love." And he even promised to sing two songs to dedicate to  them and he was very good in selecting the kind of songs that he believed the wordings would more or less capture the real meaning he felt for them during that time 50 years ago as indicated by the meaningful lyrics of the songs he wants to  dedicate to them tomorrow, and these were: "To all the girls I loved before," and the other one, a Visayan version, "Usahay," originally written by our very own Ben Zubiri, who  also wrote the lyrics of another unforgettable Visayan song, "Matud Nila." His piece was very interesting to read from the beginning to the end.

Comments

Popular Posts