Kaban ni D_BystandeR: KINSA SI PETE ROSITO???

I have a hazy recollection about this guy but I think I knew him during the time when we were still involved in a "labor strike" in NAPOCOR  Thermal Plant in Colon, Naga, Cebu in the early 1990's, which went  on for several months until it was finally resolved and we, among the strikers, were re-assigned to far away places far from home. I used to meet him in a downtown office of our lawyer, Atty. Pete Rosito. He is a good man. But since I migrated to the States in mid-2000, I lost touch with some of my friends there in Cebu and I just learned from this news the story that Tony Cuizon survived an ambush in 2005 in Uling, Naga. Perhaps, for security reason or for his own survival, firearms were said  to be found by authorities in his house, without his presence, as per  news report. His kind of work involves what we call "battle of the nerves" where only red-bloodied people can be expected to handle or survive. It is sad to learn of his present predicament in this news story.

Footnote: This comment came out in connection with a TF news item headlined, "Cebu Labor leader nabbed in Cavite."

Comments

Popular Posts