Kaban ni D_BystandeR: PASALAMAT


I extend my sincere thanks to all those who give me their kind thoughts on the occasion of my 70th birthday celebration last October 9, 2014. There is nothing greater and more meaningful to a man's life when he reaches a milestone of a lifetime at 70. But above all, I take this rare opportunity to acknowledge God's infinite wisdom and incomparable goodness in giving me the strength and the rare chance to reach this point in life, especially to know that many of those whom I consider my true friends take the extra efforts to attend my birthday celebration at home even though, I know, they live several miles away. Looking back,  I can trace back myself as consistent worker where 34 years of my work experience was in Cebu, Philippines and the next ten years of it was here in the States as a worker in USPS for 10 years until I retired to claim my monthly pension at the age of 65. Having achieved my  crowning glory at my retirement age, I can only breathe with pride that my efforts during this lifetime are abundantly rewarded with six of my children able to become professionals in their respective lives having finished and graduated their chosen careers: The eldest is a lawyer - James, the second - Jennifer, fifth - John Philip, and sixth, the youngest - Joanne, are all full-pledged government certified nurses, the third - Jocelyn, a public school teacher, the fourth - Jonathan, an engineer now working as a safety consultant in an oil rig in the Middle East.

And the most gratifying achievement is to have completely accomplished the construction of a modest mausoleum in a private cemetery in our place in Minglanilla, Cebu, Philippines, where we expect to take our final resting place when our inevitable time comes to a close in accordance with God's wishes. And to think that by that time there is little to worry about because what our children and our grandkids need to do is how to shed a tear because everything is laid down for them to follow without too much fuss!

Comments

Popular Posts