Kaban ni D_BystandeR: KINSA SI VALERIO BOYBANTING???

I doff my hat to the kind of honesty we seldom see in this present generation. Despite his being poor and old but still working to go on with life's destiny, here is a man who saw a bundle of money left inside his taxicab amounting to more than P254K but still his honesty prevails where even "hired killers" will readily accept even an offer as little as P10K or P20K to kill somebody as their means of "livelihood." I remember one time, more than 20 years ago when I took a taxicab from Cebu City to Minglanilla and I unknowingly left my Kodak camera in the front seat but when I confronted the driver in their company's taxi garage in the city located near CIT, he denied having seen it and presented an alibi it must have been taken by the next passenger. But I could see from his eyes that he was not telling me the truth. And the cost of that camera was not even expensive and yet that man could afford to tell a lie to me. But this man, Valerio Boybanting, 58, is exceptional because as he said he took note of what his father told him once when he was young that it's bad to raise your children with money coming from spurious source. And he is still working at 58 with a kind of job that I doubt if he can obtain any retirement benefit when he turns 60. Again, my kind words to this honest driver: May God gives you a happy life in the few more years of your blissful life.

Footnote: This comment came out in connection with a news item in Sunstar, entitled, "Driver returns P254,208 left in Ken Cab." It came out on April 22, 2015.

Comments

Popular Posts