Kaban ni D_BystandeR: MGA PAGHANDUM SA PAKIGBISOG NI DOY LAUREL

During the time when street parliamentarians were making big during the height of martial law, I can still remember Senator Doy Laurel leading a pack of protesters from Fuente Osmena in Cebu to the Capitol Building where the group converged in the street fronting the Capitol. It was at that time that a shot rung out and a teenager who happens to be in the group was fatally hit by that single shot coming from the Capitol where its windows appeared close from our vantage point. It was the time of Gov. Eddie Gullas. The lad happened to be the son of my friend Tony Pintoy who worked as a cook in one of the vessels owned by Escano Lines at that time. Inday Nita was there and if my memory serves me right, it was in her arms where the victim lost his last breath as he succumbed to that single shot fired from the direction of the Capitol building. 

Many years after that, I still have to find out who fired that fatal shot as Gullas seemed to be silent about it. I brought this up because the topic about Doy Laurel was closely connected with that happening which I can never forget.

Comments

Popular Posts