Kaban ni Adrianne Pearl: SENIOR FAREWELL

SENIOR FAREWELL

Graduation. It’s scary, exciting, sentimental, an end, a beginning, a goodbye and a hello. It’s a pat on the back, a diploma, a handshake, a walk down the aisle, and a cap and gown. To celebrate the past four years that became my high school life within a few hours, graduation is that last moment. In that last moment I will recall each moment which made this school, Plainfield East, so unforgettable to me.

As I arrive to school I will remember my clumsy first steps I took in the halls as a freshmen. That first day I got lost, was late to all of my classes, and ran down the stairs so fast that I crashed into someone. Despite all the chaos of my first day I just knew that I’d love high school. When I don on my cap and gown I’ll remember the day that the whole school wore black, while I wore my Hawaiian clothes and played ukulele through the halls. After the procession and speeches I’ll think back to my classmates and all the outrageous projects I’ve done with them, such as sewing puppets from scratch, making a harlem shake video, and parodying Kate Bush’s Wuthering Heights.

Then they will call “Adrianne Pearl Gimenez” I’ll remember that year I tried to change my name to Alice and confused everyone. With every step I’ll remember. I’ll receive my diploma and hand shake and remember the wonderful people that have supported me. Silently I’ll be thanking my teachers who taught me more than just the curriculum, my coaches who saw potential in me that I couldn’t even see, club sponsors that gave me the opportunity to become a part of East, the nurse for when I was ill, the attendance office for when I had to buy temporary ID’s, and all administrators who worked hard for my academics and overall high school experience.

And as I travel through memory lane it will hit me that it’s not the end. Each day will be a new day, I’ll wear different clothes and follow different trends, I’ll meet new people and make more outrageous projects, maybe one day my last name will change, and I’ll have more people to thank and be thankful for.

Graduation will wrap up past memories but also open up new ones. I hope for bright futures for my graduating class of 2013 because it truly was best to be a Bengal.

(Bug-os ang pasalamat sa KAHAYAG ngadto sa magtatampo nga si ADRIANNE PEARL LOBEDICA GIMENEZ. Nagtakuban siya sa pangalan, “ADRI PEARL”.  Natawo siya  sa Illinois, Amerika   kaniadtong August 5, 1995,  isip kamagwangang anak nila ni Popoy  ug Amay, mga Sugboanon   nga malipayong nanimuyo na karon sa tinipong nasod sa Amerika.  Sa linghod nga pangedaron nga 17 anyos, nagpakita siya ug pagkamahiligon ug dakong gugma sa panulat. Bisan pa sa pagkayungit niyang molitok sa pinulongang binisaya apan mapasigarbohon siyang mopahibalo nga wala gayud mawala sa iyang kasingkasing ang dugo sa pagkapilipina.  Gawas sa dugo sa pagkamagsusulat nga naglatay sa iyang kaugatan,  aktibo usab siya sa uban pang mga kalihokan sa eskuylahan sama sa pagka-atleta, artista ug magbabalita sa peryodiko sa iyang tunghaan. Mituo siya sa prinsipyo, “I MAINLY ENJOY PIECES ON PHILOSOPHY, IDEAS, AND SLICE OF LIFE. IN THE FUTURE I REALLY JUST HOPE TO BE HAPPY WITH WHAT I DO AND TO BE PASSIONATE ABOUT IT.”Makadawat siya sa inyong panahom mahitungod sa iyang sinulat sa yanyan8595@yahoo.com.


Comments

Popular Posts