Kaban ni D_BystandeR: PAGHANDOM SA BULAWANONG KAGAHAPON


This is the photo coverage taken up during my visit to the Cebu City Hall where I was accorded a "royal treatment" by my close friend and former classmate in USC, Cebu City more than 50 years ago. 

Franklin Seno, who previously got elected as one of the Cebu City councilors probably right after President Cory assumed as the first lady president of our country in 1986, is now serving the office of City Mayor Mike Rama as one of his consultants. And Franklin confided to me that at one time Mike Rama happened to be one of his students in USC when he engaged his services as one of the college professors of USC during his younger days.

 And I learned that when I turn 71 this coming October 9, Franklin also turns 71 on December 24, this year, and I am only 15 days and 2 months ahead of his 71st birthday. 

What strikes me to be specially happy over our meeting at the city hall at the Office of the Secretary to the Mayor, Mrs. Navasquez, is that my friend Franklin offered me his honest recollection of our bygone days in USC where we happened to be classmates and a seat mate at that in our Economics class in 1961 when I first started my studies in USC as a Commerce I student. 

In that memorable meeting, he gave me a special edition of a book printed on the occasion of the 75th Charter Anniversary of Cebu city in 2012 entitled Living Legacy where Franklin told me only 1000 copies of it were printed and only exclusively given to a "chosen few," of which I happened to be one of those lucky guys because of my strong connection to my friend Franklin. 

My overall assessment of my visit to my friend in the city hall yesterday September 1, 2015 is such that I considered it a special occasion and one that holds a lasting significance which I can never forget my whole life through. - from your cousin, Ondo Lobedica, 09/02/15, time: 3pm.

Comments

Popular Posts