Kaban ni Lino Labra: ANG TULO KA MANULUNDA SA BUHATAN SA MGA IKOGAN!!!


THE THREE ANGELS IN THE WORKPLACE OF THE DEVILS

 In history, we have the triumvirate in Roman Empire and the Three Musketeers in Medieval Era in Europe. If Holywood has Three Angels starring Lucy Lu, we have also  si Fe, si Aida or si Lorna in Philippine cinema. Once I published it here a literary piece of the likes of Nice, Ashley and Kayla and the recent sidetract on the "THE TALE OF THE THREE WOMEN CRYING AND FIGHTING IN THE LIFE OF THE SEMINARIAN". What is in number THREE that makes it peculiar in history and in the modern society?

As disclaimer, views, opinions and ideas generated from this note do not reflect the official stand of our law firm. If in the Phillippines, there is more fun, life in the office has become funnier after the invasion of THREE ANGELS in the workplace of the devils.

It has been our official policy in the office not to hire women as member of the firm. CKD has reason to sponsor that move that has become our stand for ten years in the office. There was even a time that our secretaries were likewise males upon the advocates of CKD whose advocacy for women as lawyer of Law Inc, contradicted himself for discriminating women as potential partners in our law office. The reason was obvious. He was perceived by his wife to have inferior hormones to resist temptations of pretty angels in the workplace. When it was confirmed that CKD is genetically a rare specie, that was the time that his wife's worries of outside insemination was less of her concern. Hence, CKD was given the go signal to hire women as his partners. Without us knowing it, he was silently hiring two pretty women working with him. With CKD breaking the norm, the office officially opens its doors to them starting in 2011.

Even if CKD has softened his stand, I still insisted of my traditional preference in hiring new members of the firm. Until one day, the consensus of the group ended up recommending the would-be City Attorney as newbie in the office. I heard that she was once a model, a campus celebrity and heart breaker in law school for a dozen of suitors. I was apprehensive at first glance if she had the stamina to work in a place where the workers are men  who have less moral scruples and the kind of work that transcends morality to legality. We handle cases from all walks in life because we don't pass moral judgment of our clients in the office. My first impression was not lasting because it turned out the newbie became an instant veteran in less than a year as trial practitioner. With her official resignation as would-be city attorney, the office is happy to have her pretty face officially enshrined in our office gallery.

The second lady lawyer who invaded our workplace entered the back door of our office as legal researcher of our birthday boy (who celebrated his b-day yesterday) before she became an attorney. I don't know what this birthday boy had in his cerebrum why he hired a pretty face to work in an ugly workplace of rapist, murderers, thieves and drug lords. My suspicion grew wilder when I heard that the hiring had no imprimatur of his queen. When she passed the bar early this year, I surreptitiously pulled her out to work safely in my cubicle only to find out that the birthday boy had all the honest intentions to have this pretty young lady lawyer as apprentice of the NGO advocating against trafficking of women. My dirty mind was rested when I found later that Atty. Sylvia has prior notice and approval before this pretty incursion. I am even more rested when I did not hear any adverse story about my wedding godson that until this very moment I can safely say that he is still in in my vanishing tribe of a good father in the family.

To complete the slate of the THREE ANGELS here comes the scary entrance of this equally pretty lady who was familiar to me as legal researcher of another lawyer in the same building before she joined our firm. Scary because on the first day she reported for duty, she seriously told me straight while I was seated at my fidelity chair these words in Cebuano. . . "Sir buntis baya ko."  Imagine for more than three decades of my manhood that was the first time that I heard those words. I was shocked and speechless whether to be happy or not to become a father that never was. As it turned out in our conversation. she was only apprehensive that her present condition would hinder her efficiency at work. It was only then that I heaved a sigh of relief.

From their initial showing as working partners in the law firm, I regretted it very much why we believed in CKD's policy for more than a decade. We could have been doubly productive if they were with us at the time that we needed them most. They are more efficient than men in paper works and more meticulous in their works than us.

These three lady lawyers in our firm, are ANGELS without wings but they can make the spirits of our male partners fly with their pretty faces, wits, humor and brilliance to the envy of others. For their safekeeping and for the safety of the family of my male partners, I keep the THREE ANGELS grounded in my cubicle as their exclusive workplace that no one in the office shall ever touch their skin and no prurient words shall ever pass on their ears in order to avoid their lives and the lives of others from being in "A VERY COMPLICATED SITUATION." For all you know, they are the THREE ANGELS who will save me from being drowned in the DEAD SEA of paperworks  in the office. I don't know who I am to them. . . Ask any of the THREE ANGELS if they have seen a devil in me.

(Bug-os ang  pasalamat sa KAHAYAG ngadto sa nagsulat niining  artikulo  nga si ATTY. PAULINO  B. LABRADO, Senior Partner sa P.B. LABRADO  and PARTNERS. Magsusulat  ug magpaambitan siya sa iyang mga  hunahuna mahitungod sa  nagkalain-laing hisgotanan nga makita sa  maukiton niyang mata ug mga kasikas nga madungog sa  iyang maabtikong dunggan.)

Comments

Popular Posts