Kaban ni D_BystandeR: KATAW-ANAN ANG HINIKYARAY SA BAHO BATOK NI BINAY

It's funny to hear about your penultimate post which clearly portrays your uneasiness about the series of comments that we exchange with each other. Like what I heard from an old saying, I am not in a position to bestow my judgment into whether Binay is guilty or not. But let us wait for what the Ombudsman will have to say because it is in the process of determining who is at fault or innocent based on what the evidence will hold in the end when subjected to the acid test or whether it will be like a house of cards that will just crumble to pieces because it does not hold water. But one thing I know is that this senate investigation does not have the power to declare anybody guilty because their purpose is only "in aid of legislation." If, somehow, you are misled into believing  that Binay is guilty, that's your problem. I am not a lawyer but my eldest son is a smart  lawyer and is in his law practice for almost two decades now.


Footnote: This comment came out in connection with a Philstar news item, headlined, "Probe PNP chief for graft," which appeared on 11/01/14. I was exchanging views with somebody posting his  pen name as (bala_subas," and we happened to be in a heated kind of discussion and he was on the offensive and me on the defensive in the name of VP Binay. He finally wanted to trap me into giving my opinion as to whether I believe Binay is guilty or not. But I refused to be cornered and told him only the courts can declare if Binay is guilty or not. And he asked me if I am a lawyer but in all honesty I told him I am not a lawyer but my eldest son is a smart lawyer practicing law for almost decades now.

Comments

Popular Posts