Kaban ni D_BystandeR: SINUKLIAY SA HUNAHUNA


UrHONOR - I've met and literally rubbed elbows with both great kabayans on many occasions being a student leader with NUSP, CONDA, and CEG and their presence alone was, to say the least, electrifying and contagious. Speculatively, both intellectuals could have had been at the helm of the Philippine government more so with Pepe Diokno who was blessed and endowed with a fiery and charismatic personality. Unfortunately and "thanks" to that "monster" nursed and nurtured by the great Enrile, what might have had come to pass fizzled out like "Palparan in the night."

D_BystandeR - I'm glad to know you were once connected to NUSP. And this student group was very popular during my time in USC, Cebu City in the early 60s. I cannot forget Edgar Jopson who led that group immediately prior to the declaration of martial law in 1972. When he went underground to fight the dictatorship I kept following his whereabouts in every newspaper that I could lay my hands on hoping I could read something on his heroic fight. Until finally, I found a sketchy report heralding his demise in the hands of Marcos' "dogs" who kept hounding him relentlessly. I felt sad for him but for those who knew who he is in his unyielding quest for freedom and democracy, his memory as a gallant and heroic leader will live forever in our hearts!

Comments

Popular Posts